How Long is used to ask duration of any action or any activity, For asking about countable things we use Wh How Many.
How Long is used for Asking Duration.
- How long have you been teaching English?
- How long has she been trying to drive a car?
- How long have they been playing Cricket?
Here are some more examples of questioning word How Long.
- How long have you been watching movies? -For three hours
- How long has Ali been playing cricket? -For two hours
- How long have they been teasing you? -For one hour
- How long have you been learning English Language? -For six months
- How long did you stay here? -For five days
- How long were they playing Cricket? -For three hours
- How long did she give a presentation? -For ten minutes
- How long will have you stay in Lahore?
Here are some Asking questions between two persons, It's just an example for highlighting the use of How Long.
Alex: How long have you been learning English Language?
Jhon: I have been learning English language for eight months.
Alex: How long have you been working in this office?
Jhon: I have been working here for seven years.
Alex: how long has she been singing a song?
Jhon: She has been singing a song for twenty minutes.
Alex: How long have you been waiting for a train?
Jhon: We have been waiting here for one hour.