We use How Many for countable things, that we can count easily.
How Many + Any Interrogative
We use it for countable Things.
- How many students were present in class? -Twenty Five
- How many people were in the party? -Approx Twenty
- How Many dresses do you have? -Five Dresses
Here are some more examples of WH Question How Many.
- How many cell phones do you have? -I just have 2
- How many black shirts do you have? -Three
- How many people who don't have a job? -Three
- How many times have you visited Lahore? -Two times
- How many friends were with you? -Three friends
- How many peoples were in protest? -Thousands of people
- How many times did you apply for the job? -Two times
- How many times will you do this work again and again?
- How many people will come to the party? -No Idea
- How many laptops will you purchase? -Just two
Here are some Asking questions between two persons, It's just an example for highlighting the use of How Many.
Alex: How many times have you visited Islamabad?
Jhon: I have visited three times.
Alex: How many friends were with you when you visited Islamabad?
Jhon: We were five friends.
Alex: how many places did you visit on your trip?
Jhon: We visited just three places in Islamabad.
Alex: How many your other friends were willing to go with you?
Jhon: Three friends were willing to go with us.