PAST PROGRESSIVE/CONTINUOUS TENSE
The Use of Past Progressive / Continuous tense is used to express ongoing or running action which starts in past and takes a time to complete it and it's end in the past is called past progressive tense or past continuous tense and for Past continuous passive voice tense.
Past Running Action
when we are in middle of an action but in past.
- Ali was playing cricket.
- She was watching Movie.
- They were enjoying the party.
Here are some basic past progressive / Continuous tense rules.
|We||Were||We were student|
|You||Were||You were student|
|They||Were||They were student|
|I||Was||I was student|
|He||Was||He was student|
|She||Was||She was student|
|It||Was||It was a good day|
|Any Name||Was||Ali was student|
Here are some more past progressive / Continuous tense examples.
- You were coming with us
- They were playing cricket.
- We were having pizza in office.
- She was giving lame excuses to me.
- When we arrived he was sleeping.
- They were meeting secretly after school.
- Ali was trying to come fast from office.
- She was not giving lame excuses to me.
- We were not having pizza in office.
- Was she giving lame excuses to me?
- Were we having pizza in office?
- Was she not giving lame excuses to me?
- Were we not having pizza in office?