SIMPLE PAST (Passive)
We use it to talk about those actions that started in the past and also ended in past. The time of action is not specified in terms of a long time ago or short ago. And we use the helping verb of past Simple/Indefinite tense (was, were).
An action started in the past and finished in the past.
- Lecture was given.
- Questions were asked.
- A Gift was given.
- Negative: The Lecture was not given.
- Interrogative: Was the Lecture given?
- Neg. Int: Was the Lecture not given?
Here are some more examples of Passive Voice Simple Past.
- Cricket was played by him.
- A free hit was given.
- The presentation was given by Alina.
- Oscar award was given by Tom Cruise.
- Tennis was played by Alina.
- Cricket and Hockey were played by him.
- Cricket was not played by him.
- A free hit was not given.
- Was cricket played by him?
- Was free hit given?
- Was cricket not played by him?
- Was free hit not given?
By these examples, you can easily understand the difference between Active Voice and Passive Voice of Past Perfect.
|Active Voice||Passive Voice|
|He played cricket.||Cricket was played by him|
|I wrote an Application||An Application was written by me|
|Alina baked the bread yesterday||The Bread was baked by her yesterday|
|She made a beautiful sketch||A beautiful sketch was made by her|