ADJECTIVE MEANING & EXAMPLES
Adjectives are words which are used to show more detail and quality of Noun by giving some information about an object’s size, age, colour, shape, origin or material. Also see use of Preposition
- • We live in a beautiful house.
- • Alina’s hair is gorgeous.
- • She wore a beautiful dress.
Degree of Adjective
There are three types of degree which are given below.
- Positive Degree
- Comparative Degree
- Superlative Degree
- • A big square blue box. [size – shape – colour]
- • My sister has a beautiful big white bulldog. [quality – size – colour]
- • My small new red sleeping bag. [size – age – colour – purpose]
An adjective that is formed from a proper noun is called proper adjective.
- Christmas (proper noun) --- Christmas tree (proper adjective)
- Lahore(proper noun) --- Lahore city (proper adjective)
Adjective or Noun
Some words can be used as nouns or adjectives.
- Business(noun) --- Business letter (adjective)
- Football (noun) --- football player (adjective)
- Pakistan (noun) --- Pakistan flag (adjective)
Adjective or Pronoun
The following words may be used as adjectives or pronouns.