ADJECTIVE & DEGREE
Adjective are words which are used to show more detail and quality of Noun by giving some information about an object’s size, age, colour, shape, origin or material.
- • We live in a beautiful house.
- • Alina’s hair is gorgeous.
- • She wore a beautiful dress.
Degree of Adjective
There are three types of degree which are given below.
- Positive Degree
- Comparative Degree
- Superlative Degree
- • A big square blue box. [size – shape – colour]
- • My sister has a beautiful big white bulldog. [quality – size – colour]
- • My small new red sleeping bag. [size – age – colour – purpose]
An adjective that is formed from a proper noun is called proper adjective.
- Christmas (proper noun) --- Christmas tree (proper adjective)
- Lahore(proper noun) --- Lahore city (proper adjective)
Adjective or Noun
Some words can be used as nouns or adjectives.
- Business(noun) --- Business letter (adjective)
- Football (noun) --- football player (adjective)
- Pakistan (noun) --- Pakistan flag (adjective)
Adjective or Pronoun
The following words may be used as adjectives or pronouns.