The Would meaning and the use of would modal verb has different uses in spoken English, which include polite request, taking permission, invitations, making arrangements and talking about preferences.
It belongs to future tense which deals different uses.
- I would give you cell phone.
- Alina would go with us for a picnic.
- They would go to office.
Here is the use of Would Modal verb and their examples.
We use for express the politeness in a sentence.
- I would pray for you.
- She would come with us.
- They would invite us.
When we have to invite someone.
- Would you like to come to the party on Sunday?
- Would you like to play with us?
- Would you like to come in a festival?
For Asking Permission
Here is the use of would modal verb is to to take permission.
- Would I be able to leave early today?
- Would I go with Ali?
- Would I go outside for playing Cricket?
Here is the would meaning and use of it to request to someone.
- Would you be able to post this parcel?
- Would you please pass me this book?
- Would you please keep this cup on the table?
For Talking About Preferences
It talk's about Preference.
- Would you like burger or pizza for dinner?
- I would prefer to eat ice cream.
- Would you like to go to a beach or somewhere else?
For Making Arrangements
It talk's about making arrangements.
- Would Friday at 8 pm suit you?
- Saturday at 6 pm would suit me.
- Would Monday suitable for a meeting?
It talk's about the past addiction.
- I would run fast When I was a kid.
- Ali would play with us.
- They would play Cricket.