Can is a modal verb or auxiliary verb, that is used to express Choice, ability, inability, Opportunity and Permission/Request but Can is informal to use and it's not a polite in speak.
Can + Verb1st
It talks about Choice, Ability, Opportunity and Permission.
- He can run fast.
- Alina can cook food.
- Ali can ride a bike.
- Negative: He can not play cricket.
- Interrogative: Can he play cricket?
- Neg. Int: Can he not play cricket?
Here are some more examples of Modal verb Can.
We use it for when we are able or unable to do any work on current time.
- I can surf well.
- Ali can play good Cricket.
- She can cook delicious food.
- They can pass the exams.
- She can not cook good food.
- Ali can't play Guitar.
- They can't play Cricket.
- We can't sing a song.
We use it for Permission and Request, Be remember that it's informal to use.
- Can I go outside?
- Can you give me this book?
- Can we go for a picnic?
- You can watch TV after you have finished your homework.
When we have a right to select or choose.
- You can join us.
- You can take only two shirts from these.
- You can come with us, It's up to you.
- If you want to go outside, So you can go.
When we have an opportunity to do something.
- Once school starts you can use the library.
- You can play Cricket with Us.
- If you want, so you can watch a movie with us.
- She can join the party.